The Epson Home Cinema 2040 Projector is a 3LCD, 3-chip technology with some amazing picture quality and color; 3lcd. With excellent brightness and contrast levels the projector provides great results for your full HD content. The projector is backed up with some great additional features such as CFI (creative frame interpolation) and detail enhancement to further improve the motion, sharpness and detail of your content. Epson also provides dynamic iris on lower black levels in dark scenes on 2040.
The projector provides great 3D experience with excellent brightness and picture quality. The amazing color, brightness and picture quality backed up with unnoticeable lag makes the projector excellent for gaming use as well. It only weighs 6.4 lb, making it easy to carry around. Real also about review optoma hd28dse projector – Click Here.
Overall an excellent projector and could be a great choice for low budget home theater setups. It is a good addition in the market of budget-friendly projectors (the product is discontinued, you may still find use ones or through third party sellers).
Specifications• Projection System: Epson 3LCD, 3-chip technology
• Resolution: Native 1080p (1920 x 1080)
• Aspect Ratio: Native 16:9 widescreen
• Color brightness – Color light output: 2200 lumens (can vary depending on usage conditions)
• White brightness – White light output: 2200 lumens (can vary depending on usage conditions)
• Contrast Ratio: 35000:1
• Zoom Ratio: 1.0 – 1.2 manual
• Lamp Life: ECO mode up to 7500 hours and normal mode up to 4000 hours (can vary on usage and environmental conditions etc.)
• Weight 6.4 lb.
For a complete list of specifications please visit; Epson.
ExteriorThe Epson Home Cinema 2040 Projector is small and has an attractive exterior. It only weighs 6.4 lb with dimensions 11.69″ x 9.65″ x 4.69″ (W x D x H) (including feet) and 11.69″ x 9.80″ x 4.49″ (W x D x H) (excluding feet).
ConnectivityA power receptacle, pair of USB; one for general purpose and the smaller USB is a service port. A standard HD15 analog computer input, three RCA jacks (a basic video input and two stereo audio inputs).A pair of HDMI inputs (HDMI1 is MHL compatible), a rear IR sensor for remote control and Audio out having a standard stereo mini style connector.
Visual SpecsWhen Epson Home Cinema 2040 projector was launched it was a serious competitor in the market of low budget projectors. It is a full HD 1080p projector, based on 3LCD, 3-chip technology. The projector provides great overall picture quality, depth and details. With so many white and color lumens the projector offers, you will see some great colors with excellent brightness level.
The amazing picture quality is further backed with CFI (creative frame interpolation) to smooth out any blurriness; Projectorreviews. It improves motion blur and provides more flow and smoothness to your content. Not necessarily good for all type of content though, but certainly a great feature to have within that price range.
The next notable feature is the detail enhancement. It helps to bring more sharpness and detail to your picture, and is a nice feature to have to improve overall picture quality.
Epson also provides dynamic iris for 2040 in dark scenes; Chromapure. Although it is not as effective as having a higher contrast ratio but dynamic iris really improves the overall viewing experience.
Epson Home Cinema 2040 Projector provides a great 3D experience, thanks to the extra brightness of the projector. A little bit of crosstalk but overall a great projector for 3D use with excellent color and details.
The color and brightness makes this projector excellent for gaming. Apart from providing amazing picture quality for gaming content, its unnoticeable lag helps it to be a great choice for gamers looking for a full HD projector.
Although the black level performance is good but still lacks and may be a disappointing aspect for many home theater lovers.
PriceUnfortunately the projector is discontinued but you may find one through third party sellers or look for used projectors online if available. As so, you might find varying prices in the market for the projector.
PositivesLet’s take a look at the positives of the projector:
• 2200 lumens for white and 2200 lumens for color.
• Epson Home Cinema 2040 projector provides great picture quality and amazing color.
• CFI (creative frame interpolation) to add more smoothness to your content.
• Offers detail enhancement to further enhance the perceived detail and sharpness of your picture.
• Provides dynamic iris.
• Excellent for gaming.
• Low cost replacement lamps, bringing down the maintenance cost.
• Provides Zoom lens although only a modest amount.
• Free from rainbow effect.
• Provides excellent 3D results with amazing color.
• Good for portable use, with just a weight of 6.4 lb.
• MHL compatible.
• Built-in speakers.
• Very much budget friendly and a great choice for low budget users.
NegativesSome of the limitations of the projector are:
• Black level performance is okay but not that great.
• The buzzing fan noise can be irritating for many users in full power mode; so you might have to compromise on some brightness and run on eco mode.
• No lens shift.
• The remote have no backlight, making it hard to see in the dark.
• The projector is discontinued.
SummarizingThe Epson Home Cinema 2040 Projector offers some excellent picture quality and features. It is a great addition and a serious competitor in the market of low budget projectors. Though it have some limitations but the overall projector features are excellent in that price range. It provides excellent results for both 2D and 3D content and supports full HD. Excellent for gamers and can be easily carried around making it great for portability. Certainly can be an excellent choice for many home theaters.
As I have already mentioned it’s a discontinued product but might still be available in market. Don’t be disappointed if you can’t find it, there are many budget friendly projectors out in the market with great features; Thewirecutter. Make sure you go through all the good and bad aspects of the projector before finalizing your decision. It all gets down to your personal preference and requirements so make sure you are well aware of them to find the best projector for your needs.