If you have learned the basics of SEO, then you know that the score Google gives to your website, holds a lot of value. According to siteimprove.com, SEO score is basically Google or any other search engine measuring, how well the user interface of your website is, and the technical aspects of it that contribute towards SEO; Google also sees if the traffic that you receive is organic or not and where does your website ranks.
Contributing FactorsThere are many factors which contribute towards a good score of the website that you run. According to operationtechnology.com, there are four common factors, that any search engine takes into account:
3. User Experience
TechnicalThe technical aspects that matter here are whether the website can be accessed or not, the crawling and index factor. If the site isn’t indexed, then it will not receive a ranking by search engines and the visitors will not be able to see the content that has been published, after so much effort.
Don’t consider technical aspects of the website an afterthought, and do something about these issues, before they get flagged. If you need a high score on your technical aspect, then you need to work on the following things:
• URLs-Make them meaningful to the user, don’t create a link to duplicate content and use hyphens where possible.
• Technical Quality-Your domain should be flagged safe, and there should be HTML and CSS validation present as well.
• Server Response-Whether the pages load quickly or not; whether they load securely on HTTPS connection and does not give any errors.
• Indexability-If you want to get your site indexed, then make sure that it has a sitemap and the data is structured.
ContentWhat is a website without content? However, that doesn’t mean writing content that is not of quality and serves no purpose, but just fills webpages. The quality of a webpage depends on how well it engages users and how the meta content is aligned with the content of the website. If a visitor spends time on your website, then this means that your content is of quality, is relevant and engages people.
To make sure that your content gets a good score, then you need to follow these things:
• Quality-The content should be to the point, current, language should be easy to read, there should be no typos or grammatical errors, and no broken links.
• Meta Content-meta titles for your products and services and short descriptions should be written for all the web pages on your site, as this will help search engines make sense of the content that you have on your site. This will also tell the visitors what to expect, when they open your website.
• Unique-Don’t have the same content on every web page, don’t duplicate page titles, because this damages the process of SEO.
User ExperienceAccording to operationtechnology.com, user experience is affected by how information is presented, like in the form of text, visuals and links.This is because it makes the user experience more organized and enhances it.
• Visuals-The visuals should be user friendly in a sense that they can be retrieved, accessed and don’t make the page slow when it is loading. Use good visuals, so that they increase the traffic on the site and give your site a good score.
• Navigation-Make it easier for people to gain access to the main content, and don’t make it difficult for them to understand how it should be used or how it works. Don’t include so many links, that the users become overwhelmed.
MobileWe all use cell phones to access websites, particularly when it comes to e-commerce, which is why it is important to make a website responsive to mobile and make sure that the important features of the website don’t stop working.
According to quicksprout.com, following are some of the features that you should focus on:
• Responsiveness-The content is dynamic and it is also optimized for mobile phones.
• Touchscreen-If someone taps on the content or scrolls it, it follows the command; this means that it should be developed appropriately for touchscreen devices.
• Speed-The side loads on mobile phones at the same speed it loads on desktop, and for this you can decrease the size of the multimedia that you upload on it.
Apart from these factors, there are other things that you can do to improve SEO score of your website. According to jeffbullas.com, some of these things are as follows:
LinksYou want to increase the quality of your content, make it more useful and relevant? Then you need to create outbound links, as they will give your website a more in-depth look. The links should be relevant to the content you have posted and must lead the user to credible websites. Make sure that your links are not broken and are actually helpful for the user. Don’t make the outbound links confusing for the user, or distracting, that they regret opening it.
MultimediaWhy have just images on your website, when you can have so much more. You can include slideshows, presentations, audio files and video files to give the user a great experience when they explore your website. The quality of the multimedia should be good, in a sense that every image that you upload is clear, and this applies to every type of multimedia.
ReadabilityGet your readability scores from websites that offer this facility. Get to know whether the content you have posted is there for beginners, intermediate or advance level readers. You can change the readability of the content, if you have a better sense about your target audience and what their readability level would be.
You can check your SEO score, if you read details on this website https://blog.monitorbacklinks.com; it is very comprehensive and will tell you all that you need to know. If you want to know more about SEO score and how to improve it, then go watch the following video: