It is not easy to run your own business, and if you’re an entrepreneur, then you already know about the many challenges that one has to face. Particularly, there are challenges that are related to SEO, or Search Engine Optimization. However, you should know that not only small businesses, but medium and large businesses also face SEO challenges. If you want your business to run effectively, then you need to maximize SEO, and that you can do by learning more about it.
CustomizationWhen running a small business, you should remember that as social media is now part of business, so is SEO, because it is a business strategy. This means, that if you want to succeed, then you need to optimize your content, so that it can appear in search results.
The ranking of your business in a search engine is important for your success. If you don’t make SEO part of your business, then another brand will surely grab that opportunity for you. You should make sure that your brand is visible and people know how you can help them, by providing a solution to their problems.
Local OptimizationIf your business is spread to many locations or is found in only one location, you should still incorporate SEO in it. If your business has more than one location, then you need to share information with customers accordingly.
• You Need To Share Your Contact Information, Which Means Your Business Name, Where It Is Located, Phone Number, Email Address, And Other Information That Will Help Your Customers Contact You
• Products And Services That The Business Wants To Market
• Brick And Mortar Businesses, And Their Information
• The Hours At Which Your Business Is Open
• Contact Form That A Visitor To Your Website Can Fill
• Social Media Buttons So That People Can Visit Your Social Website Pages Or Share Them
• Meta Tags- As In What You’re Offering People; These Meta-Tags Should Be Unique And Creative, Or You Will Have To Face A Penalty For Duplicating Content
• The Pages On Your Website Should Function And Must Not Be Broken
• The Content Should Be Clear, Appealing And To The Point
• The Visitor Of Your Website Should Be Able To Move Easily Through Your Pages
• The Keywords And The Key Phrases Should Be Effective, So That People Can Easily Find The Site Of Your Business Online
Make Yourself VisibleEven though your business has a website, it is also important to be visible on social media websites like Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn and Tumblr. You need to know where your prospective customers usually interact with businesses and post on those accounts as well. When you list your website at the local listing site, then there are more chances of people discovering you and for this, you should include the following information:
• The URL Of Your Website, So That People Know Where To Find Information About Your Products And Services
• The Hours When You Operate
• Prices Of Your Products And Services
• The Products And Services That You Offer People
• A Credential So People Can Believe The Credibility Of Your Business
• Photos To Go With Information About Your Products Or Services
Multiple LocationsIn case your business is spread over to locations, more than one, then your content should be tailored accordingly. The content you post on your website should be grammatically correct; make sure you don’t make any spelling mistakes. Also, you should pay attention to detail, so that people get the impression that you care about your business and the website as well. When you tailor content according to each location, then make sure that the content is consistent. For example, if you are offering a product in one location, but not in another, then the website should provide that information to the customer.
Content StrategyThe content that you post on your website, should be able to reflect the personal connection that you have with your customers, and you can achieve that through the following ways:
• Who is your Perfect Customer? – When you know your target audience, you need to know about your perfect customer as well, as in the characteristics a perfect customer has; this will give you the ability to come up with an effective strategy that is customized for a specific type of customer.
• Positioning – To achieve positioning, you need to find your niche. When you become specialized, your target audience becomes narrow. This means that you will have less competition and that will give you less stress. Your objective here would be to make the other person see you as an expert, influencer or even as someone who is a leader in the market. Whenever a person thinks about a product that is similar to what you’re selling, they should think of your brand first.
• Customization – The content that you post on different platforms should make a customer feel that you are talking to them only, so that they feel valuable.
• Promotion – Even though you have developed and posted content on different platforms, you can’t just expect that content to do magic on its own. You need to keep putting in effort and promote your brand, by telling people that exists. You need to put yourself out there, for others to see.