Many blogging careers start as a passion for writing or the subject niche. If you are an artist had a blogger, you are likely to write more about art since it is what moves your heart and passions. Any writer out there started because they had a passion for something in particular and that grew into more. However, it is prudent to know that passion and love of writing only work as an ignition to your blogging career. It takes more than the love of words to keep churning out new content consistently.
One might wonder how veteran bloggers keep their content fresh and consistent. How do they get their content? How do they not ever run out of content? Where do they get the time? Well, as a startup blogger or a blogger who struggles with content these are all good questions. First, you have to have your reasons for blogging and second, you have to have a strategy for your content production.
One of the reasons for blogging should be that it gives you something or connects to your business. Now before we discuss how blogging may benefit your business we shall discuss the strategy. You need a strategy for content production for your blog lest it will fizzle out and become sporadic and unorderly.
Points to note about your blogging content include:
i. Communicate With Your Customers or ReadersThis is an easy way to find out what content to write about next. Your readers want to read content they relate to and their feedback is very important when creating content. One way may be to check the feedback from your online platforms and another is word of mouth. A good talk with your audience may be very revealing.
ii. Plan Your Content BeforehandWhen creating content that relates to your social media posts you need to know the type of content you write. The content needs to be consistent across the social media posts to your blog post. This is one way to ensure your content reaches as many people as possible.
iii. Read More BooksIdeas on what to write about come from what you read or consume. You will probably write about something you read about and made an impression on you. The more you read the better your content since it gives you a unique yet changing writing style.
iv. Carve Out Time To Do ItYou actually need to set apart time to write. The best time is when you feel relaxed and your creativity is at its peak.
v. Have A StashOnce in a while, you’ll run out of time or content and if you have a stash this shortcoming will never show on your blog site. Create more content every time you set out to write and then you can post one of these when you have no time to write out a new blog or have no content to write.
Now That you have your strategy we can carry on to why blogging is important to your business.
1. Traffic Generation.You probably post your website on your website and then send out links on your social media platforms. As your audience link back to your blog from your social media platforms in order to read your blog post, you get to increase your traffic. Once your audiences read your content and want more you may then ask them to subscribe with their emails for notification of new content.
2. Relate To Your AudienceAs a blogger, your audience will connect with you by what they read on your blog. While the business website may be more sales oriented or marketing oriented this does not have to be the case this the blogging site. On your blog, the audience will probably ‘hear’ your thoughts and passions in the content. This means that they are likely to connect you more through your blog.
3. SEO For Your WebsiteSearch Engine Optimization is a marketing strategy used by most digital content marketers. Using your blog site, you can optimize the keywords in your content and thus increase your visibility on the search engines. Once your website pops out more on search engines, you get to generate more traffic on your website.
4. Establish Yourself As An Authority In Your NichePeople often research more on topics they are passionate. When you blog about your passions your writing will appear authoritative and more genuine. This gives your audience the feeling that you are an authoritative source of information in your particular niche. Once you gain your audience’s confidence, they are likely to be more loyal and open to your content.
5. Option For An Opt-In Tool.Once you generate traffic on your website, you can opt to start your email marketing campaigns. Email marketing is one of the most successful marketing tools for digital media. The only restriction on its success is the amount of traffic on your website.
Every time your audience visits your blog site, you can give them the option to get more notifications on new content in their emails. A popup opt-option is one way to ask your audience to subscribe for notification on new content. Once they subscribe, you can send out a notification every time you post up new content or a new offer starts on your website.
The better your content appears on your blog the easier it is for your audience to click on the links sent to their emails. This way the emails you send out may contain links on new products unveiled on your website and thus boost your business sales.
Blogging is one of the many ways you can market your products. As it is one way by which you connect and communicate with your clients there is no reason, you cannot use it as a marketing tool. However, let this not dampen your passion to talk about the original idea you had for your blog. Keep true to your passion and you will always have your audience looking forward to your new content.