As a digital marketer, there are facts that you need to know to help you plan an effective marketing strategy. We will look at these facts in this article.
- 1. Most People Click On The Top 5 Search Results
- 2. Users Don’t Usually Scroll Past The First Page Of Search Results
- 3. Mobile Friendly Keywords Are Important Now More Than Ever
- 4. Mobile SEO And Business
- 5. Websites With More Pages Are Likely To Attract More Traffic
- 6. Around Half Of The Search Queries Are 4 Words Or Longer
- 7. Organic Search Still Rocks
- 8. Quality Content Is Important
1. Most People Click On The Top 5 Search ResultsRecent research shows that about 75% of internet users click on the first 5 search results generated by the search engine. 32 per cent click on the first result compared to 18% who click on the second result. This clearly shows that higher-ranking guarantees higher clicks and visits. This is why good SEO is important.
2. Users Don’t Usually Scroll Past The First Page Of Search ResultsA large percentage of users stop only on the first page. From research, only 20% scroll to the second page of search results. This means that if your website does not come up on page one, you will not get many clicks. So if your website falls outside of page 1, you need to work on your SEO.
3. Mobile Friendly Keywords Are Important Now More Than EverWith around 50% of users doing internet searches on mobile devices, it is not surprising that mobile-friendly keywords and phrases are the need of the hour. People who search on their mobile use different keywords so you need to use keywords that will make your content visible to these mobile users. Searches performed on mobile devices are not really any faster than those performed on desktop searches, but they are much more convenient. This is why people prefer mobile searches to desktop searches.
Mobile friendly keywords are usually short and have a location component. People do not like to type long keywords on their smartphones. It’s inconvenient, so they prefer to use short phrases and keywords. With this in mind, your keywords should be at most 2 to 3 words. You may need to do a mobile keyword search to get keywords that are peculiar to your niche.
Talking about the location component, a Google report showed that more than 90% of smartphone users search for location-based information. This is not surprising because mobile searches often happen on the go. If your company has a physical office, adding your location to your keywords will increase the chance of getting readers from your locality.
4. Mobile SEO And BusinessMany users search for local businesses on their mobile devices. As earlier mentioned, the use of mobile for internet searches is on the rise, hence you need to take this into consideration when choosing your keywords.
5. Websites With More Pages Are Likely To Attract More TrafficThe number of pages on a website directly determines the amounts of traffic it generates. Creating more web pages is one way to increase your site’s ranking by search engines. Many bloggers use weblogging software to create new pages for each post.
Don’t create pages just for them to increase your ranking. Ensure that all your pages contain quality content. If not, you will not get any positive result. No one wants to visit a site that is mostly full of junk with only a few high-quality pages. So fill your pages with valuable content.
6. Around Half Of The Search Queries Are 4 Words Or LongerShort keywords will help you rank higher in search results. But short keywords are very competitive because many websites use them. This makes ranking difficult. It is best to use longer keywords. When used effectively, long keywords can give you tremendous results.
Long-tail keywords can help you overtake the competition your niche. They are longer and more specific and visitors are more likely to use when about to make a purchase. You may gain less traffic with long-tail keywords than you would with shorter ones, but the traffic will be better. The visitors to your site will consist of more focused and committed customers who are really interested in your products and services.
7. Organic Search Still RocksAlthough social media is increasingly gaining traffic, organic search is still better. Organic searches are 3 times more than social media traffic. They account for 41% of total web search. From these figures, it is clear that trying to generate traffic from only social media is not going to yield many results. You can achieve more with organic searches.
8. Quality Content Is ImportantIf you want your website to rank high on search engines like Google you need to provide quality content. Your content should be rich and valuable to users. This is the easiest way to get your site on the first page of Google search results. How this does happen? When you are known for always providing quality content that caters to the needs of users, your website will become popular. This popularity means more clicks and more clicks lead t higher ranking.
It helps a lot if your content is optimized for the search engines, but don’t do this at the expense of the user experience.
Writing quality content is not easy. You need to get to know your customers/readers and what they need to know. You can engage your readers to know exactly what they need. Browse through other websites related to your industry to find out the kind of questions your potential customers are asking. Also, take a look at what your competitors are doing and see how you can do better. Look for service gaps that you can fill.
Ultimately, fresh and unique contents grab attention and encourage users to engage with you. They will take the time to read and comment on your articles. It increases your brand exposure and improves your brand image. This leads to customer retention because people find your articles useful. They will keep coming back.