Brittle is a type of confection that consists of broken pieces of hard sugar candy. It often contains nuts like almonds and peanuts. Peanut brittle is a dessert, which people usually make for holidays and special occasions.
To make peanut brittle in a microwave, the cook needs 1 cup white sugar, ½ cup light corn syrup and 1 cup salted peanuts. He would need 1 tsp butter, 1 tsp vanilla extract and 1 tsp baking soda: Allrecipes.
Take a cookie sheet and spread butter on it, and then combine sugar and corn syrup in a 2 quart glass microwave safe bowl. This mixture has to be microwaved for about 4 minutes. Add the peanuts in the mixture and stir them, after which put the microwave on high for three and a half minutes. Then stir again and add butter and vanilla extract in the mixture, which is to be microwaved for 1 ½ minutes. How to microwave pancakes – Click Here.
Stir the baking soda until it becomes light and foamy, and then put them onto the cookie sheet, where the mixture is already heated. Cool the ingredients and then break them into pieces. Peanut brittle tastes good when it is served at room temperature. Microwave bacon tray – Learn More.
How To Make Old Fashioned Peanut Brittle Recipe?Old fashioned peanut brittle recipe is different, because it is not made in the microwave, but in the oven; TheSpruceEats.
Following are the steps that need to be followed: • Butter two baking pans
• Take a large saucepan, add 2 cups of granulated sugar, 1 cup light corn syrup, and ½ cup water
• Cook the sugar mixture on medium heat, and then stir until the sugar completely dissolves
• When the mixture starts to boil, add 1 cup butter in it, and stir frequently until the syrup reaches a thread stage
• When the temperature of the mixture reaches 280 F, then add 3 cups dry roasted peanuts in it
• Stir until the mixture reaches 300 F temperature
• Remove the pan from the heat and stir 1 tsp baking soda in it
• Pour the batter in the baking pans
• When it is baked, store it in a container