As you a website owner, you want to get the attention of internet users. Engagement is the way to do this. In SEO, engagement is how long a user says on your page. It has been proven over time that websites that have strong user engagement rank higher in search engines like Google.
Users spend longer time on a page that they find useful. Google likes to provide users with the best results so it pushes websites that have a strong engagement to the top of its search results. What are the ways to improve user engagement of your website? The strategies discussed below will help you achieve higher engagement on your site and improve your ranking in search engines.
1. Know What Your Audience Wants.People visit your site to get information about a topic of interest or for answers to their questions. Make sure that you give them what they are looking for. This is a great way to get them to keep coming back because they view your site as a trusted source of information. This will increase your reputation and make people engage with you to get your opinion more often.
There are a few tips you need to follow to create valuable content.
The first is to focus on benefits. Your content should provide some value to your audience in one way or another. It should solve a problem or help them make a decision.
The second is to provide actionable advice. As someone who is experienced in your field, provide advice and recommendations on what your audience should do and how to do it. This establishes you as an authority.
The third is to be friendly. This makes your readers more comfortable with you. They will want to engage with you to know more about you or the topic.
2. Create Easy-To-Read PostsYour posts should be well formatted to enhance readability. Well-formatted content encourages users to spend more time on your site. There are three ways you can make your posts more readable to users.
Have shorter paragraphs Each paragraph in your post should contain not more than three sentences. It is best to write one-sentence paragraphs as much as possible.
Use shorter Sentences Avoid writing long sentences because it is difficult to read them. Cut longer sentences into short sentences as much as possible.
Use Sub-headings Many internet users scan through pages instead of reading the entire content. Using subheadings makes it easy for them to scan through your page. The subheadings should be clear and should provide enough information to guide the readers through a page.
Use Bullet Points Make use of bullets when listing data on your page. It makes it easy for users to read.
3. Include High-Quality Images On Your PageAn effective way to improve user engagement on your site is to include high-quality images such as pictures and graphs in your posts. Users love to look at beautiful images, and they convey your ideas better than words. They also allow you to break down your content into different parts.
4. Lower Your Bounce RateThe bounce rate refers to the percentage of users who visit your site but leave immediately without engaging. Reducing your bounce rate is very important if you want to see more user engagement. Wrongly designed landing pages are one of the reasons for increased bounce rates. Poor user experience and site usability are major factors to contribute to high bounce rates. You need to address these issues if this is the case with your website.
Make it easy for users to navigate through your site by using internal links. This will help them find contents they might have missed if the link wasn’t there. You do not want your visitors to search endlessly for information on your website. That is a good way to make not to visit it again.
5. Use Irresistible Calls To ActionIncluding Calls to action in your content is a great way to get readers to engage with you immediately. Calls to action tell your visitors what you want them to do after seeing your content. You can ask them to reach out to you through social media or subscribe to your email list.
Your CTAs should be placed strategically. They should make sense and be relevant to the content. You shouldn’t ask your readers to leave a comment when they have not even read your content yet. So such call to action would make sense at the beginning of the content. It’s best to place it at the end.
6. Make It Easy For Them To EngageYour audience should be able to engage with you easily whenever they want to. There are many ways you can interact with your visitors, regardless of the type of website you have. You can use the comment section on your website or connect with them through social media or email.
Inasmuch as it is good to use various platforms to engage with your audience, don’t use too many to avoid spreading yourself too thin. You only the ones that you think are suitable for your business. If you are good at what you do, many people will eventually come to hear about your business.
SEO Is EvolvingThe SEO landscape continues to change every year. So you should be able to adapt to these changes quickly. This is the way your business can stand out from the competition. Always aim to provide quality content that will engage your audience. Keep yourself up to date with the latest trends in SEO.
Increasing your website’s engagement is a great way to grow your business. It is one of the best ways to improve your Google ranking and the rewards are huge. Aside from retaining visitors on your site, increased engagement allows you to get to know your audience. This will give you insight on how you can steer your website in the right direction.