1. Failing To Adopt New Ad FeaturesOnline search is no longer just search and display. People still focus their energy on this, but we have gone beyond just that. There are now newer options for reaching the specific types of people you want to target in your campaign. You can consider using Quota ads or Snapchat video spots to boost your campaign. It is crucial to stay on top of industry trends. You may get the best results from an unlikely platform, so explore different options.
2. Neglecting Intent SignalsThe performance of your campaign can greatly diminish if you are not considering different intent signals. The key to reaching your audience with the right offer is to understand various ways they interact with you at different stages of the sales funnel and modifying your campaign accordingly.
Before now, any search for a product-specific keyword was seen as a quality intent signal but that’s no longer the case nowadays. The intent of someone who watches your advert video is different from that of someone who searches for where to buy your product. You have to focus on targeting people who have shown intent signals that point to the bottom of the funnel. Qualified leads are usually found in the middle of the funnel.
3. Focusing On One Device OnlyIt is good to put mobile first but focusing on only one gadget can make you lose out on leads you could get with your campaign There are still many desktop visitors who you will lose if you focus only on mobile. You should experiment with different calls to action and conversion flows to be able to target a wider audience. This way, you will miss out on fewer people who might be interested in your product or service.
4. Not Tackling Click FraudYou could lose a lot of money from click frauds. Even though search engines try as much as possible to combat click frauds and invalid traffic, protection for all industry takes time. It is hard to rely on that when it is affecting your campaign badly. You may resort to using either a third-party tool or begin taking your own measures to protect your campaign. You can identify IP addresses and geographical locations where the fraudulent activity is coming from and make changes to your campaign targeting accordingly. This is the best way to avoid the issue of click fraud.
5. Not Properly Aligning The MessageYou lose leads when you fail to align the different components of your campaign well enough. Your campaign should be optimised for maximum message match. Your quality score and overall as experience can be negatively impacted when your targeting parameters and landing page are poorly aligned. Ensure that your over copy reflects the customer’s needs. Your messages should match and you should target the right people with the right message.
6. Failing To Monitor Campaigns CloselyPPC campaigns are hands-on active so don’t just set up a campaign and forget it. You could end up wasting a lot of money if you continue to run underperforming ads. There should be at least a test group and an experiment group for every campaign running. Keep a record of the variables of your experiments and measure their impact over a few days. Repeat the process many times.
Experiment with parameters by adjusting your bid and changing the time of day your ads are displayed. You see a rise in your conversions and a reduction in cost if your experiments are working fine. Constantly monitor all active campaigns to detect performance issues before spending too much money on them.
7. Neglecting Branded KeywordsMany people fail to use their brand name as a campaign keyword. You need to use your brand names because if you don’t, your competitors will do so and your traffic can be intercepted if you don’t outbid them.
8. Focusing On Metrics Other Than RevenueDo not forget that your goal is to increase sales and ROI. It is easy to get carried away by the desire to drive more traffic and forgetting the goal. While all that is good, what your advertising really wants to achieve is sales and return on investment. You can be misled by the metrics when you take your eyes off the ultimate objective.
For instance, it is a bad idea to optimise your campaigns around click-through-rate when you have a campaign that is getting clicks but no conversions. If only low-quality leads are converting, it can also be misleading. Depending on your site’s infrastructure, you might not be able to carry out this type of tracking. That is why you need to you need to integrate your ad performance data with data from Google Analytics.
The least you can do is to set up your campaign for automatic logging of every customer presale touches with your ad. You will be able to identify the campaign that sends the highest value customers to your site.
9. Poor Product SelectionFor your PPC ad to be successful, you must choose the products that your audience will love to buy. People won’t buy what they don’t need. So consider this when planning your campaign.
Ultimately, you tend to make mistakes in your PPC campaign when you do not understand how best to reach your audience. When you focus on reaching your target audience in the right place with the right message, and keeping track of your results all the way, you can stay in tune with the needs of users and optimise your campaign accordingly.